Pan Bagnat Tuna Sandwich
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
2 Hours 19 Mins
Serves 4 (serving size: 1/4 sandwich)
Quality ingredients make all the difference here. Use premium canned or jarred white tuna, the best fruity olive oil you have, and garden-fresh veggies. We chop up the olives and capers and mix them into the tuna for a briny flavor hit that won’t slip out of your sandwich as you eat. Niçoise are small French black olives; kalamata olives will work just fine in their place.
- 1 (8-oz.) whole-wheat sourdough loaf
- 1/4 cup chopped Niçoise or kalamata olives
- 3 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 5 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 2 (5-oz.) cans water-packed premium white tuna, drained
- 2 medium-size green leaf lettuce leaves
- 3 tomato slices
- 1 large hard-boiled egg, thinly sliced
- Calories 298
- Fat 15.5g
- Satfat 2.3g
- Monofat 9.6g
- Polyfat 2.1g
- Protein 19g
- Carbohydrate 18g
- Fiber 3g
- Cholesterol 70mg
- Iron 2mg
- Sodium 607mg
- Calcium 55mg
- Sugars 3g
- Est. added sugars 1g
How to Make It
Halve loaf horizontally. Scoop out halves to make 1-inch bread shells. Toast shells until golden.
Combine olives, onion, capers, 2 tablespoons oil, 1 tablespoon juice, and tuna; place mixture in bottom shell. Drizzle top shell with remaining oil and juice. Top tuna mixture with lettuce, tomato, egg slices, and top shell. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate 2 hours or up to overnight. Cut into quarters.